Yep, I’m the annoying coworker who brings egg salad for lunch. Is it better than the tuna fish employee? Or the leftover Chinese food coworker? Or what about the popcorn popper? I may or may not be that person also…I don’t know. But moving on, eggs, while stinky, are great. I love eggs most ways, and I have a soft spot for egg salad because it’s so damn tasty. Well…when done right. And in my family, done ‘right’ means adding mustard and pickle relish. So, here’s how I do it.
- Hard boil eggs (5-6 eggs makes about 3-4 servings). Not sure how? Click here.
- Peel eggs under cold water (this helps the shell come off too).
- Put cooled eggs in a bowl with a spoonful of mayo, spicy mustard (or any mustard), and pickle relish. And then add a little more pickle relish.
- Smash the eggs up (I just use a fork) and stir everything together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Modifications: you could add a little cayenne or red pepper flakes if you like it hot, or even add capers instead of the relish if you’re going more savory. I stick to pickle relish because it’s awesome, but I could be alone there. That’s it. Simple and delicious egg salad.
How do you like your egg salad? Pickle relish to sweeten it up? Or more savory? Both?