Y’all know that I love super easy “to-go” breakfasts. From smoothies to juices, I need something quick and easy in the morning. And usually something filled with protein since I’m a vegetarian, and I gotta get it in where I can!
When I don’t have time for eggs or protein pancakes, I’ve got these super awesome “pop-in-your-mouth” bites that are basically dessert in healthy form–and they’re the perfect grab for running out the door. I made a version almost a year ago when I heard of Monica Nelsons cashew cookie chews, and I’ve modified it a bit. So here goes.
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or cashew butter is great too)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a food processor; add the nuts and oats and process until it forms a fine crumble. Now add in the salt and process for a few seconds more. (Add the dash of cinnamon if you want now-optional). Add in the agave and vanilla and process until combined. Add the nut butter now if using-optional as well. Then add coconut flakes. And chia seeds. And dark chocolate chips. Freeze. Eat.
That’s it! Process it all and freeze them. No cooking involved.
And for a little behind the scenes action of what all this really looks like…