Y’all remember Chris, right? She did a wonderful 20 something lady post for Love Ya Bean It, and then after writing about what she wanted at this stage in her 20’s, she got offered a job at her dream location (so basically the blog is magic).
I asked some girlfriends who were willing to share a quick and easy holiday recipe with my readers, and she quickly volunteered which I was thrilled about!
Here she is, ladies and gents, with a Gluten Free Cobbler! (yes, please).
Gluten Free Blackberry Cobbler:Inspired by: All Recipes Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups of fresh blackberries (you can also sub in your favorite fruit, but we all loved the rich taste of blackberries after our thanksgiving pot luck)
- 1 tablespoon sugar to sprinkle on top
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating put butter in a 9 inch round pan/ pie dish and set in the oven to melt. When the butter has melted, remove pan from the oven.
- Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour that batter into baking dish.
- Scatter the fruit on top of the batter. Be sure to spread it evenly so everyone gets delicious bites of fruit!
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar on top of the fruit!
- Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles (about 55 minutes in my oven).
- Serve warm with whipped cream like we did!
It’s pretty easy to make and I was able to use my new festive whisk and measuring cups from World Market that I simply adore. That store has everything. I got my pie dish and mixing bowl off Woot in a 19 piece baking set for $20. I love finding online deals!
Thanks, Bean, for letting me share. Thanks to my roommates, Katy and Haley, for being taste testers the week before when I made a trial cobbler! I’ll be making this dish again soon to take to my next potluck party.