David and I have debated for a while now opening a pizza food truck. Our friend Brent said he’d buy and drive the truck, as long as he didn’t have to cook or do anything stressful. Both David and I have really enjoyed making up pizza recipes or making weird/awesome combinations of pizza ingredients that, thus far, have ended up turning out really well.
So for my go-to pizza recipe, this is what I like.
Beans Indian Spiced Pizza
- 1/2 dough ball (we get the pre-made dough from Earthfare/Publix)
- 2 tsp. Garam Masala (I’ve got a homemade mixture from The Grit Cookbook)
- 2 TBSP. Goat Cheese
- 2 TBSP. Parmesan Cheese (either of these can be subbed for whatever cheese you like on your pizza): I prefer a sharp/salty cheese
- 1 TBSP. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Handful of Arugula
- 2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 475-500 degrees (really hot)
2. Stretch out dough ball as much as you can. I cook mine on a cookie sheet because I don’t want it too crispy. You can use a pizza stone/pizza pan for crispier “thin-crust” style.
3. Olive Oil the cookie-sheet, and flip the dough over a few times so it gets coated in oil.
4. Salt and Pepper the dough
5. Add Garam Masala
6. Add Cheese
7. Add to oven and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Halfway through, add arugula and balsamic.
9. Cook for 10 more minutes.
10. To get that extra crispy crust, BROIL for about 2 minutes. Make sure you set a timer! Don’t wanna burn it!
If you like spicy and crispy, but still doughy crust, you have to make this pizza and let me know how it turns out!
Also, if you missed my Friday post, please check it out and go vote for my nightstand in Emily Henderson’s Contest (OR click below)! I have one week left!